Saturday, June 19, 2010

Forster Food

We recently had a few days away in Forster with Dave's mum and stepdad. Perfect time to cook those things that take hours! ie...The Mighty Beef Wellington!

Dave's mum has a huge kitchen so we could both cook together, whereas our kitchen at home is barely big enough for ants!!

The Beef Wellington was another 4hour project that involved 40,000 ingredients. We managed to pull it off with great success! Tasted amazing - even though the blood was still running out of the beef. Aparently this means it's perfectly cooked?? Dave's mate went back for seconds, so I guess he was a happy customer!

In the meantime I also had a little bit of time up my sleeve to whip up some dessert!
These are homemade Wagon Wheels.
I had a few complaints that they were too sweet. But for me, that means they're perfect!
I made about 12 and I think I ate the majority...hense my wobbly arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment