Saturday, June 19, 2010

Confit Duck with Lentils

When I saw this dish on Masterchef, I knew straight away that I must try it!

Duck is my favourite thing to cook so when it came to Friday and 'What's for dinner darl?'..I had the perfect meal! This is the first time I've ever tried cooking duck and they don't just sell Duck Maryland at the supermarket so you have to go to a gourmet butcher. If you want to confit it yourself, you need duck fat (it's not cheap or easy to find). I got mine from a local providore.

I have to admit, it did take hours to cook. It's not a quick dish for a lazy Tuesday night. The duck was slow cooked in the oven, then cooked on the stove, then back in the oven again. I think I started to prepare around 3pm, and we didn't eat until 7.30pm.

The wait was definitely worth it though. This dish tastes amazing! I'm going to make it again for sure!
If you're like me and love duck then give this a go. Even for Catherine, who doesn't normally order duck when we're at a restaurant, loved it!

Dave.






No comments:

Post a Comment