Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lime, Coconut & Raspberry Cake

Having the amazing boy that I do, I'm constantly getting roses.... he spoils me rotten.
It seems such a waste to watch them die and drop petals everywhere before you throw them out.
 I saw this recipe in a magazine once which uses dried roses as the decoration. 
You can eat them as part of the cake...if you're weird.
(Note: the petals have to be frosted the day before and left out to dry overnight - It's not really the kind of cake you can just whip up).

I made it for my housemate Ami, so AMI YOU MUST EAT IT!








I can't actually tell you if it tastes any good, because I'm on a no sugar diet for the next 2 weeks.
and therefore you will need to assume it is amazing. The Lime is a giveaway anyway.
Can't go wrong with Lime!


Method...
THE DAY BEFORE - Find some roses (or ask your significant other for some). Dip them in egg white and dust with sugar. You can also frost the petals individually like I have. Leave overnight to dry.

- Preheat over to 180oC. Grease 22cm cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Combine 1 1/3 cups SR flour, 1/4 cup plain flour, 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, 2 tabs lime rind, 1/2 cup lime juice and 2 tsp vanilla in a bowl.
- Beat 180g butter and 1 cup sugar in a bowl until creamy. Add 4 eggs one at a time.
- Combine with flour mixture until smooth.
- Spoon into pan and cook for 50mins.
- Leave to cool and cut into three even layers.
- Beat 250g butter and 265g icing sugar together until creamy.
- Gradually beat in melted white chocolate (250g)
- Take one third of the icing and leave aside.
- Add 125g raspberries to remaining two thirds and beat until crushed.
- Place raspberry icing between bottom and middle layer, and also middle and top layer.
- Place reserved icing on top and decorate with frosted roses.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there deary!!! This looks absolutely delish!!!!!!!! I want to eat it!

    ReplyDelete